Crabtree maintain a database of approved contractors that we instruct to carry out a variety of work on behalf of our clients.
We continually review this database to ensure all contractors have suitable health & safety arrangements in order to meet our own and our clients obligations under relevant legislation. The vetting process will include:
- Obtaining references to ensure they are competent to do the work safely and to a high standard.
- Ensuring contractors hold up-to-date certificates of compliance and/or registration documents with statutory bodies.
- Ensuring all contractors hold appropriate insurance.
- Obtaining and approving health and safety policy documentation and information.
- Ensuring contractors have adequate resources.
- Ensuring that contractors provide good value for money and quality of service.
All Crabtree approved contractors are vetted internally or will need to demonstrate pre-existing membership of a scheme approved by the Government-backed Safety Schemes in Procurement (SSIP).