Your Development 2018-11-29T10:21:37+00:00

Your Development

Crabtree maintain a database of approved contractors that we instruct to carry out a variety of work on behalf of our clients.

We continually review this database to ensure all contractors have suitable health & safety arrangements in order to meet our own and our clients obligations under relevant legislation. The vetting process will include:

  • Obtaining references to ensure they are competent to do the work safely and to a high standard.
  • Ensuring contractors hold up-to-date certificates of compliance and/or registration documents with statutory bodies.
  • Ensuring all contractors hold appropriate insurance.
  • Obtaining and approving health and safety policy documentation and information.
  • Ensuring contractors have adequate resources.
  • Ensuring that contractors provide good value for money and quality of service.

All Crabtree approved contractors are vetted internally or will need to demonstrate pre-existing membership of a scheme approved by the Government-backed Safety Schemes in Procurement (SSIP).

Do you want to be more involved in the management of your development?

Becoming a Director of your Residential Management Company gives you the opportunity to take the lead in where your money is spent. For a full guide as to what the role entails, please click on the link below:

Director Guide

Each property owner is responsible for the removal of all household rubbish and debris of whatever size and nature from their own property Domestic refuse should be bagged up and placed in the communal bins that have been provided in the bin shed. Please do not leave refuse sacks on the floor in the bin store or surrounding area as this creates an environmental risk and encourages pests. If you do not have the details to access the bin store, please contact us and we will be able to assist you.
If you have bulk refuse such as furniture or white goods, pleas view your local council’s website for the options available to you.

Cleaning of all communal areas is carried out at the agreed frequency and sign-in sheets are available at block entrances confirming attendance dates.

It is our responsibility along with the residents, to ensure the safety and cleanliness of the communal areas. They are not an extension to your property so no personal items must be stored within these areas.

Do you have moisture on your windows, or mould around the frames. For an easy guide to resolving this issue, please click on the link below:

Condensation Advice

Communal fire doors must be kept closed as part of the block fire strategy. They should not be wedged open.

The communal gardens are maintained at the agreed frequency and in line with the specification. We welcome any ideas residents may have to enhance the areas.

There is a leak coming through into my property from the flat above. What should I do?
Nothing is more daunting then seeing water coming into your property. The first things you should do are to notify the flat directly above you and call us. We will be able to assist where necessary and contact the flat upstairs if you are unable to. It is also advisable to put the building insurers on notice of any potential claim. If you do not have the insurer’s details, we will have a record of these.

There is a leak in the communal area of my block. What should I do?

Please contact us urgently if the above occurs either by telephone on 020 8371 7070 or send an email to

Lifts will be subject to a maintenance contract and regularly inspected. In the event you become trapped in a lift, please remain calm and use the emergency call button. Engineers will usually be with you inside 1 hour.

As your property management company, we only deal with matters relating to the communal areas. If there are light bulbs out in the communal hallway, please contact us as soon as this is spotted. The Property Management team undertakes regular visits to the property and will instruct repairs for faults found on the site visit. However, for a prompt response to any issues, we welcome your observations.

Parking is often at a premium, and can be subject to a control solution, such as ticketing. Please ensure you and your visitors are aware of any restrictions.

Long-term and cyclical works such as internal/external redecoration will be a strict requirement of the legal documentation for your property. Where permitted, a reserve fund will be collected to build up a pot of money to contribute towards the works when required.

If a problem arises within the development, please contact our Communication Centre by email: or by telephone on 0208 371 7070.

Most leases will require the Management Company or Freeholders to periodically clean the communal windows of the property. Cleaning of individual property windows normally falls under the residents responsibility. If you are unsure, please contact us and we will be happy to clarify.