This role will be responsible for providing a range of services to the property owners and tenants, including finance and budgetary management, managing tenants and organising necessary maintenance works.
The role will involve coordinating the management of a specific portfolio of clients utilising the services and staff of the Communications Centre. The role is office based but may require visiting property from time to time.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arrange for (through a third party) routine inspections of the properties, as necessary, to check upon the condition of the buildings and grounds in order to identify any required works. To then remotely monitor any allocated contractors.
- Liaise with resident directors, lessees, residents, contractors and others as required, including dealing with all forms of communication, in a timely and courteous manner. The role requires the Property Coordinator to make extensive use of the Communication Centre services and staff.
- Prepare annual service charge budgets, in conjunction with the accounts department and the resident directors as appropriate. Subsequently, ensuring that costs incurred stay in line with budgets and reporting deviations from the budget to a director.
- Review quarterly financial reports, liaise with others as required and forward to clients.
- Instruct appropriate contractors for works of repair and/or maintenance, working within Landlord & Tenant Act procedures, referring to appropriate Section 20 requirements and the company’s internal procedures in that regard. Ensuring invoices are correct and approving or (not and) authorising them.
- Liaise with the insurance department to ensure that insurance claims and associated works are dealt with expediently, liaising with loss adjusters and others as appropriate.
- Checking compliance with and enforcement of the terms of leases and statutory requirements.
- Arranging for board meetings/AGMs to take place as required and be attended by an appropriate member of CPML staff. Subsequently agreeing and circulating minutes as appropriate.
- Coordinate with the Company Secretarial Department and others as required regarding company secretarial matters, directorship appointments and resignations, etc.
- Coordinate with the Property Transfer Department and others as required, regarding flat sales, transfers and lettings, etc.
- Dealing with obtaining competitive tenders, circulating resident directors, advising them and obtaining instructions where appropriate. Coordinating Landlord & Tenant Act Notices and appropriate supporting documentation, and circulating to lessees. Subsequently instructing contractors and, as appropriate, approving (not authorising) consequent payments.
- Comply with the company’s IT and computer policy, including anti-virus procedures.
- Comply with the company’s Health & Safety Policy and ensure that contractors, lessees and residents do so also.
- At all times, working within clients’ instructions and the terms of the leases.
- At all times, follow the RICS Management Code and all ARMA-Q regulations.
- Relevant property management experience
- A Full UK Driving Licence.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including written and verbal
- An ability to deal with challenging people and handle conflicting opinions
- Organised and methodical
- An ability to multi-task and possess strong prioritisation skills
- Can demonstrate high customer focus and time management skills