Reporting to the Head of Client Accounts, this role will support, guide and advise the Accounting Teams. Assist with the implementation of systems and procedures (as agreed by management) to enable the smooth and efficient handling of all the department processes and ensure all deadlines are met.
As an important member of the management team, you will be expected to actively contribute to the ongoing development of the department.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the teams responsible for all client accounting matters (all aspects including budgeting, treasury management, purchase ledger, billings and credit control)
- Assist with the development of procedures and controls to improve the responsiveness, timeliness and accuracy of all outputs of the department
- Promote the department as a key business partner to the property management team
- Work closely with external business partners (contractors, external auditors, solicitors and accountants) to maintain a consistently high standard of service to clients
- Provide KPI’s and reporting for the Head of Client Accounts
- Provide a high level of customer service to clients, ensuring that the department can respond quickly and accurately to all client and lessee queries and provide accurate reporting on the management of their records
- Together with the support of internal resources and external providers, continuously look for efficiencies in the use of systems and applications used to support the team
- Motivate and develop the team members, provide training, development and performance review plans when required
- Support, guide and advise the Accounting Team on the daily processes ensuring all timeframes are met.
- Provide training and advice to the Team, where necessary
- Carry out annual appraisals with direct-line reports
- Sound knowledge of Accounts and relevant legislation/guidance.
- Achieved an accounting qualification
- Experience of the support services (Treasury/Purchase/Sales/Credit Control)
- Minimum two years’ experience of managing/mentoring a team
- Clear and concise communication, both verbal and written
- Use of Microsoft packages, including Word, Advance Excel and Outlook
- Exceptional organisational skills and ability to work to deadlines
- An effective team player
- Methodical and a good eye to detail
- A “can do” and “right first time” attitude
- Sound knowledge of Year End Service Charge Accounts and relevant legislation/guidance.
- Experience of working within a residential block management environment
- Experience of using QUBE property management system