This role will be to ensure that the administration duties around our Complaints Procedure and Section 20 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 are complied with. The role therefore is to issue relevant Notices, respond to observations, inform surveyors of nominations, liaise with the Client Relationship Managers (CRM) or Property Managers (PM), ensure the CRM or PM replies to the Complaint in a timely manner. To produce reports on the above and other matters and assist in the production of Newsletters to our Leaseholders under the instruction of the CRM or PM.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Preparation of Landlord and Tenant Act Section 20 documentation and associated documentation for all our clients. This will include the following duties;
- Liaising with client and receiving instruction from the Property Manager or Client Relationship Manager
- Sending Notice of Intention
- Replying to observations raised re NoIs
- Notifying surveyor of nominated contractors.
- Sending ‘Registration Forms’ to contractors nominated by lessees.
- Sending Notice and Statement of Estimates (S of Es)
- Replying to responses from S of E’s.
- Preparing the cost breakdown spreadsheet for the PM and client.
- Raising invoices and sending invoices with covering letter to leaseholders
- Issuing Notice of Reasons where applicable.
- Issuing Letter of Commencement to all lessees.
- Informing PM of individual joinery repairs where applicable.
Administer the Crabtree Complaints procedure for all our clients. This will include the following duties;
- Logging the complaint and tracking the response.
- Liaising with the CRM and PM to ensure a timely response to the complainant.
- Document management.
Other office duties, including:
- Reporting on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Answering the telephones, taking messages, making appointments, minute taking, filing, photocopying, mailshots, archiving, etc.
- Liaising with clients and consultants on matters where appropriate and as directed
- Take on individual projects as set by the Directors
- Other administrative duties as required
- Strong administration abilities.
- Able to work accurately, carefully and efficiently.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of the team.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail is of primary importance to the role
- An understanding of all MS Office software, including Word and Excel.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- A willingness to undertake further training and development
- An interest in specification writing, contract administration and building surveying tasks in general.
- S20 Administration knowledge and experience
- Some knowledge of contract administration paperwork