This role will be to ensure that duties placed upon the client under Section 20 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 are complied with. The role therefore is to issue relevant Notices, respond to observations, inform surveyors of nominations, liaise with the property managers, etc. as set out hereunder.
The role is also to offer support to the Head of Surveying in relation to projects he is undertaking and in respect of other tasks as and when required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Preparation of Landlord and Tenant Act Section 20 documentation and associated documentation for all Regents Property Consultants clients. This will include the following duties;
- Liaising with client and receiving instruction from PM.
- Sending Notice of Intention.
- Replying to observations raised re NoIs.
- Giving formal instruction to surveyor on behalf of client.
- Notifying surveyor of nominated contractors.
- Sending ‘Registration Forms’ to contractors nominated by lessees.
- Sending Notice and Statement of Estimates
- Replying to responses from S of E’s.
- Preparing the cost breakdown spreadsheet for the PM and client.
- Raising invoices and sending invoices with covering letter to leaseholders
- Issuing Notice of Reasons where applicable.
- Issuing Letter of Commencement to all lessees.
- Informing PM of individual joinery repairs where applicable.
Other office duties, including;
- Answering the telephones, taking messages, making appointments, minute taking, filing, photocopying, mailshots, archiving, etc.
- Liaising with clients and consultants on matters where appropriate and as directed.
- Take on individual projects as set by the Directors.
- Occasional site visits to undertake ad hoc tasks.
- Other administrative duties as required.
- Complete timesheets of daily tasks.
- Arranging for the effective distribution of marketing materials in conjunction with Business Development Director.
- Able to work accurately, carefully and efficiently.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of the team.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail is of primary importance to the role
- An understanding of all MS Office software, including Word and Excel.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- A willingness to undertake further training and development.
- Some knowledge of contract administration paperwork.
- An interest in specification writing, contract administration and building surveying tasks in general.
- S20 Administration knowledge and experience.